So what do you all think of this? I will be picking her up tomorrow evening, as she missed her bus today. Kind of frustrating as I changed things around, and got all mentally ready.. :O) I will be picking her up, stopping somewhere along the road home and handing her this to sign. Whether she lives here with us, or moves in with my parents next door, these will be requirements for living here.
While you are our child, you are also an adult with a child on the way. Because of this you will be expected to act as an adult. This means that:
- You will be required to find a full time job, or enroll in classes at the college with a part time job or student loan to pay for them. You are about to become a single mother and you need to be prepared. Be prepared to show proof that you are working/going to school.
- You will be required to pay rent IF you are not attending classes at the college. This will pay for the food you eat, the electricity and water that you use for you and your baby. The rent amount is $150 per month.
- You will be expected to help with household chores, cleaning, doing what needs to be done without needing to be told or reminded.
- You will be expected to be home by midnight EVERYNIGHT. Though you are an adult, there are other people involved and you coming and going all hours of the night will be disruptive.
- You will not be allowed to sleep past 8:30 a.m. unless you are sick or have another worthy excuse. This is a family and we all get up and get moving and experience our day together. Get home early enough to get a good night’s sleep so this is not a difficulty for you. If you rise before others, show respect by being quiet.
- NO drugs or alcohol will be allowed. Period.
- You will be required to maintain proper language, modest behavior and dress. Your behavior, attitude and dress directly impact the rest of this family.
- You will be required to show up for ALL prenatal doctor appointments, and take care of your body and your baby.
- Showing respect to ALL family members and neighbors and helping anywhere needed is NOT optional and is a requirement for living here.
- You will be required to put 30% of your paycheck into a savings account to prepare for your baby and her needs and show proof that you have done so.
If you agree to these rules, you may stay. If not you will need to find another place to live as soon as reasonably possible.